Iraq was founded as the kingdom of Iraq in 1921 and the monarchy was overthrown in 1958 and the abdul Karim qassim took over.
Iraq was hit near Baghdad and riots began in Baghdad, Qassims government was overthrown and civil war began.
The civil war resulted in the expulsion of all arab non Muslims in Iraq and in 1965 the east Jerusalem pact was signed stating that the south goes to the shites, the central part goes to the Sunnis and the north goes to the Kurds . This ended the civil war.
Al Qaeda in IraqEdit
The Syrian government has been fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq since the may of 2010.
The Republic of Alaniya, Syria, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Democratic Republic of Kurdistan, Republic of Central Iraq and Republic of South Iraq all have signed an alliance as of May 1st 2014 on uniting against the Al Qaeda in Iraq after Central Iraq narrowly won the week long battle of Nippur 3 days earlier.
South Iraq ranks 57 on the world GDP list.
South Iraq's closest allies are Central Iraq, Iran and the Commonwealth of Canada.
It has a volunteer force of 75,000 and a conscript force of 25,000.
- 8x Chevrolet RD 4x2 trucks (4 are known to be in storage)
- 5x T17E1 Staghound Armoured Cars (3 are known to be in storage)
- 5x Humber armoured cars
- 4x Centurion tanks (2 are known to be in storage)
- 2x Ferret armoured cars
- 5x AEC Matador 4 x 4 medium artillery tractors (2 are known to be in storage)
- Side-arm Colt 45
- Rifles Lee Enfield
- Sub-Machine guns Thompson
- Colt 45 pistol
- Canon de 75 modèle 1897
- Canon de 75 modèle 1912 Schneider
- The 7.7 cm Feldkanone 96 neuer Art (7.7 cm FK 96 n.A.)
- Ordnance QF 18 pounder
- Ordnance QF 25 pounder
- BL 4.5 inch Medium Field Gun
- Stokes mortar
- Enfield No. 2 Mk I Revolver
- The Rifle, Anti-Tank, .55in, Boys commonly known as the "Boys Anti-tank Rifle" (or incorrectly "Boyes", nicknamed the "elephant gun")
- Austen submachine gun
- Short Magazine Lee-Enfield Mk I (1903)
3 Supermarine Mk XIV Spitfires, 3 Westland Lysander light aircraft, 2 cargo planes, 2 light helicopters and 2 medium helicopters. Another 3 Supermarine Mk XIV Spitfires and 3 more light helicopters are in storage and are used for spare parts.
They have 4 oil and 2 alcohol driven patrol boats, of which 1 of the oil fueled boats is known to be in storage. It also has an oil driven combined mine layer/mine sweeper.