Country of origin
No. of seasons
No. of episodes
20 (list of episodes)
The Good Son is an American drama television series created by Godfrey Raphael. The show is a spin-off of the popular TV series Three Girls and depicts the life of Margovian expat Maximilian Panaquer as he adjusts to a simple life in America. However, when his father dies and leaves the presidency of Margovia vacant, it is up to Max whether he will return to Margovia and ascent to the presidency or let his cousin and half-sister fight for the position.
The first season premiered on MBN on March 28, 2015 in a season consisting of 10 episodes and ended on May 30, 2015. Subsequently, MBN then went on to renew The Good Son for a second season which premiered on April 2, 2016 and ended June 4, 2016. On July 4, 2016, the network has renewed the series for a third season scheduled to premiere on April 17, 2017.
Maximilian Panaquer, the youngest son of notorious South American dictator Jose Panaquer, has gone in voluntary exile to the United States to start a new life as an ordinary man. However, when news of his father's death reaches him, Max has to go back to his native country (the fictional Margovia, first introduced in Three Girls) and decide whether he should take up the presidency himself or side with either his cousin Tadeo or half-sister Cristina. His situation is not helped by the fact that there is a growing popular revolutionary movement in Margovia seeking a return to democratic ways.
- Avan Jogia as Maximilian "Max" Panaquer
The youngest son of Supreme Revolutionary Jose Panaquer, the long-time dictator of Margovia, and Lisa Panaquer. He fled Margovia to live a simple life in America but is forced to return to his homeland following his father's death.
- Chris Pratt as Tadeo Panaquer
Jose Panaquer's nephew and Max's cousin. Tadeo succeeds to the presidency of Margovia upon his uncle's death. He asks Max to help him secure his hold on his position, the government and the country.
- Taylor Swift as Cristina Panaquer de Leon
Max's half-sister and Jose Panaquer's daughter with an American actress. She has plans of her own in taking over the Margovian presidency and asks for Max's support for her when he comes back to Margovia.
- Jay Leno as Jose Panaquer
The Supreme Revolutionary and de facto president of Margovia. He has been in position for thirty years following a CIA-backed revolution against a pro-Non-Alignment government. His death sets in motion the events of the series.
- Chris Pine as Alejandro Panaquer
Jose Panaquer's eldest son and would-be successor to the Supreme Revolutionary were it not for Alejandro's assassination and death at the hands of rebels. He appears mostly in flashbacks but, despite his death before the start of the series, he is a central figure in the Margovian succession crisis.
- Bill Murray as Ireneo Amaro
- Kristen Stewart as Irina Amaro
- Josh Groban as Vicente Amaro
- Liam Neeson as Alberto "Baba" Felito
- Elizabeth Gillies as Amber Eastwood
- Victoria Justice as Victoria Angeles
- Ariana Grande as Catalina Pua
- Leon Thomas III as Terenzio "Terry" Moro
- Matt Bennett as Yehoshua Rosenberger
- Daniella Monet as Katya Angeles
- Julia Barretto as Luz Angeles
- Jaden Smith as Jeffrey Derringer
- Miranda Cosgrove as Rene Sykes
- Jerry Trainor as Ladislao Sykes
- Nathan Kress as Generoso "Gen" Elemento
- Jennette McCurdy as Francesca Mejia
- Noah Munck as Carlos "Gibby" Gibson
- Drake Bell as Gregorio Mallin
- Josh Peck as Maximo de San Andres
- William Petersen as Baldomero Maldonado
- Gary Sinise as Miguel Cutter
- David Caruso as Shamal Llamanzares